Sunday, December 28, 2008

Blue Christmas - I like blue

A lot has happened recently. I spent Christmas with no other celebration other than meeting baby Jesus in person during Eucharist. It was enough. Thank God for giving me and our family the real meaning of Christmas. 2000 years ago, when Mary and Joseph went around to search for an inn, they were in great fear, anxieties, and disappointments. And those were exactly what I felt this Xmas. My father was hospitalized, he was in a very bad condition due to his heart problem. That's I called this Christmas as a Blue Christmas.

But I like blue. So it doesn't mean that this year Christmas is bad. I love it. I found the true meaning of Christmas. Jesus, who come to become like us, human, in flesh clears all our fear, anxieties, and disappointments. He brings HOPE, hope for all people despite unfavorable condition that we are facing, He is here, with us and for us. The angel said Do not be afraid to the shepherds. And he said that to me and my family as well I guess. Though the condition of my father is still not stable, I know that He will protect and He will show His greatness and power.

I spent 2 nights in hospital with my mom. I saw the most wonderful mom and wife in the world. With her patience, dedication, strength, and faithfulness. It taught me a lot of lessons and I am thankful to God for her. Yes, she was in misery too, she is super exhausted too, mentally and physically, but she never quit. She took of care of my father with love that I've never seen elsewhere before, she took care of us, her children without failure as well. I hope someday I can be someone like her...

I missed reunion session with my 3IPA4 friends. But guess what, they visited my father while he was in emergency. I couldn't see them because at that time I was in home, took some changing clothes for my dad and mom. But I was so touched by their love for me. Thanks God for giving me friends that care... Those I do not expect to care has shown great love and attention towards me...Thanks God for them.

Thanks for any other friends who support me and my family in any ways. I really appreciate that. Please pray for my dad, that's all we need right now. May He get better and may we all can see the miracle of Christmas. Amen.


No comments: