Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Queenship of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Memorial) - 22 August 2007

Yesterday, is the celebration of The Queenship of the Blessed Virgin Mary. As usual, we had our Wednesday Mass in LT6. But, yesterday's reading is just wonderful. The first reading mentioned about how "suitable" people who are called/asked to be leaders refused the offer. Then, in the end, thorn bushes became the leader and everything was a mess. Then, the Gospel was about the day when Gabriel was sent to visit Mary and announced to her that she will become a mother of Christ.

34 And Mary said to the angel, "How shall this be, since I have no husband?"
35 And the angel said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God.
36 And behold, your kinswoman Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son; and this is the sixth month with her who was called barren.
37 For with God nothing will be impossible."
38 And Mary said, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her.

It really strucked me when I hear these readings. I have discerned the calling to be one of Executive Commitee of CSA in NTU for the past few months. I have done whatever I could to serve in CSA, become keyboardist and psalmist, composer of psalms, core team of CPG, etc. Yet, I could not feel satisfied with it. I know that I can do MORE. I know that I should do MORE. I love CSA because I believe they are my family that God gives me. And so, I want to give all I can, out of LOVE, for this community. To become a humble servant of God and to serve one another. But I felt unworthy...then the Gospel answered me : The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; For with God nothing will be impossible.

And also from the first reading, all the trees who have been offered to rule have their own plans and rejected it. But then, when thorn bushes became the leader, it is them who suffered. Fr. Jivan also preached about how people always want to accomplish their own plans by rejecting or ignoring the soft voice in their heart, God's calling. So, it really touched me and helped me to reach my decision whether I am going to run for ExCo. It is not a matter of I becoming ExCo, but it is a matter of whether I ANSWER Him to be His servants.

Finally, here I am, Lord. With all my limitations, use me. Work through me, send You Holy Spirit upon me. And Mother Mary, may you pray for me so that I can answer Him like you : "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word." Amen.

No comments: